I am now Mother Goose at the Book Barn in Clovis, CA. Previously, for ten (10) years I was Mother Goose at Storyland which is part of Playland/Storyland at Roeding Park in Fresno, CA. School field trips were scheduled to visit the various storybook settings and characters in Storyland, then Mother Goose would a story with props in Pinocchio's Theatre. However, this program was discontinued when the park came under new management. So, Mother Goose is now delighted to bring stories to the children at the Book Barn.
"Gooselandia" is the name I have given the imaginary "black & white polka dot umbrella" which covers the many activities Mother Goose shares with the children of Fresno County, CA.
Activities include -
Storytelling - as a Master Storyteller, Mother Goose presents classic stories, with a little modern twist added. She visits libraries, preschools and elementary classrooms. The children interact during the storytelling and, when applicable, are given the opportunity to portray story characters in costumes which are provided.
Music and Dance - Some of the stories include movement with musical instruments, colorful ribbon streamers, dance sticks and other story appropriate items.
Drawing and Painting - upon request, children are given the opportunity to express their artistic abilities with various craft projects.
Ceramic Painting - upon request, handmade ceramic items or Christmas ornaments are provided. This is a perfect classroom activity for Valentines Day, Mother's Day or Christmas. Mother Goose fires the items in her kiln and returns them to the children.
I will keep you posted on my activities for the Fall Season. If you are a teacher or parent who would like for Mother Goose to visit your classroom, my holiday story for 2014 is "The Gingerbread Baby". The Gingerbread House and props are adorable for the children to enjoy. Please contact me as soon as possible to book a date in November or December 2014.
For preschool age children, I also offer the story of "Santa Mouse." You can view this story by clicking on the Santa Mouse Smilebox in this blog.
Here are a few comments from parents who have recently enjoyed stories by Mother Goose.
- Simply Magnificent! A wonderful storyteller, Lynda Tatman, as Mother Goose, weaves the stories for the young and the young at heart. Travis Hauert, Social Director at Harlan Ranch, Clovis, CA
- Creative and unique party idea that is sure to please small children and moms too! Maria Mayes
- My son is almost three years old and loved the story! I loved that the children got to be part of the story. Sarah Correra
- A very creative way to bring stories to life. The children enjoyed every minute of the story and music. Lyn Swanson
- Mother Goose is delightful and lots of fun. Anne Kropf